This very delicious has been modified from Emily Bites. She has so many recipes to choose from it’s very hard to decide which one to choose. This recipe is very easy and can be modified in many way. Leaner ground beef will mean less points. Paired with a nice salad or vegetables will make this recipe go a long way. If just eating a big salad and half of a serving you can get away with 1 cup for 5 points. Visit www.emilybites.com for more recipe options.
11 Smartpoints for 1-3/4 cups
- 1 lbs uncooked 90/10 lean ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons seasoned all
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- Brown ground beef over a medium heat and break into small pieces. Drain the excess grease.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic then mix together.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Next add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, seasoned all, paprika and black pepper and mix very well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Continue simmering for 25 minutes or until the macaroni is cooked.
- Mix well and enjoy!