This is a yummy recipe that once again has been made famous by Kittencal. These are very juicy burgers, and the flavor is amazing!!
A tip from Kittencal … to keep your burgers juicy add a 1/2 tbs of margarine to the middle of the burger. Roll the meat in a ball, stick a hole in the of the meat, add the margarine to the middle and cover back up and flatten. WOW what difference it makes!!
- 2 lbs. ground beef 90/10
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a bowl crumble the ground beef with clean hands.
- Add in the dry soup mix, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Using clean hands mix until combined, add in more breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs if needed to just hold the mixture together (do not overwork the meat or it will be tough).
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal patties. 1/4 lb each approx.
- Place the patties onto a large plate or a small cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Grill or pan fry the burgers as desired until cooked through.