This recipe is easy and delicious! Who doesn’t like Frito Pie? It’s such a family tradition that keeps us coming back for more. When I found this recipe I couldn’t wait to give it a try and I am sure happy I did. Quick, Fresh, Fantastic! I can’t wait to make it again!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans (I used Great Northern I had them on hand)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell I had it on hand)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-1/2 cups corn chips (Fritos more or less)
- 1-1/4 cup sour cream
- Cook ground beef until meat is browned; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix and 1/4 c. of cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips in bottom of 8×8 baking dish. Cover with chili.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over chili.
- Top with remaining corn chips and cheese.
- Bake 4-5 minutes longer.6 to 8 servings
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!