I grew up with this recipe being a staple especially around the holidays. If my Nana wasn’t making it my aunt was. This year my aunt didn’t make it and my Mom was heartbroken so I made it for her. When I was a kid I didn’t like it at all, but now I love it.
There are so many companies that claim this to be their recipe so there are plenty to give credit to. I personally think it’s a Knorr recipe but I am sure others would disagree.
Although all the recipes call for mayonnaise in it I never add it. The biggest reason is that I don’t think it taste very good in it, and if you leave it out the dip is even better. The bonus is… less calories!
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 16 ounce container sour cream
- 8 ounce package vegetable soup mix
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours but over night is much better
- Serve with crackers