Waste not want not right?
I have always loved the ease of this garlic butter sauce. I will admit that it’s not very easy for me to cook it slowly but cooking it slowly really is the key to the success of the garlic. There seems to be a fine line between overcooked bitter garlic and crispy sweet garlic. Patience is a must with this recipe but its well worth it!!
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces cooked pasta noodles
- Preheat skillet on a medium flame or on a medium heated burner. To a warm skillet on add butter and olive oil.
- Once the butter is melted adds minced garlic.
- Sauté garlic on a medium to medium low flame so that the garlic gets crispy and toasted but does not burn or get scorched. The goal is sweet garlic flavor not bitter garlic. Cooking it as low as possible is the key for success with this sweet garlic. Be patient it’s worth the wait.
- Once the garlic is a nice toasted brown color add cooked pasta.
- Mix pasta in the butter garlic oil mixture until pasta is well coasted.
- Continue to heat until pasta is warmed through.