I love this recipe. I lost it a long time ago, and just happened to find it again. It’s an excellent recipe and makes a tasty side dish. Although the picture does it no justice (old picture) this recipe is delicious!
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb. pre-cut baby carrot
- 1/2 onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Spray roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onions on pan.
- Add cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix in the water
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake covered 350 for 1 hour.
I could not be any happier with the way this recipe turned out. The flavor is simply wonderful. It was a very easy recipe to make, but better yet, this recipe exceeds the work you put into it. It taste like you worked much harder than you did. Another thing I like is that most of the prep work can be done the night before, then everything can be thrown together the next day for a good, but quick meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 teaspoons light sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 9 tablespoons green onions, chopped with tops
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to your own taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger (can use fresh grated if preferred)
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 4 cups cooked sticky rice, hot
- Combine chicken and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook 5- 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Remove from heat.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger to skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl.
- Stir well and add to skillet and return to heat.
- Stir until chicken is well coated.
- Stir in nuts and heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot sticky rice.
I found this recipe in Family Circle Magazine. It’s soooo quick and easy! It would make a great OAMC recipe or a freezer recipe for a quick dinner. I think this is one of those recipes that you can do just about anything with and make it fantastic!
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked boneless chicken
- 1 package (2 1/2 pounds) frozen bean and cheese burritos
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 13x9x2 baking dish with non-stick spray
- Add burritos cutting to fit in a tight single layer
- Scatter the chicken over the burritos
- In a medium size bowl, mix together milk, soup, 1 cup of the cheese, and the olives
- Pour mixture evenly over the chicken and the burritos
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins
This recipe for Homemade Bread Machine Hamburger Buns is incredible!!! I can’t say enough about it except I will never buy buns from the store again. The recipe is super simple, the buns are fresh, fluffy, and super easy to make, and they don’t get soggy like store buns!!
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil plus 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seed or poppy seeds
- Add ingredients in order listed, except for the egg and 1 T. water that is for the egg wash later.
- Select dough/pasta setting when cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions, divide each portion into 2 balls.
- Turn balls in hands folding edge under to make a circle.
- Press ball flat between hands.
- Place on greased cookie sheet pressing to a 31/2 inch circle.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until double in volume.
- Combine 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tbsp.
- water and brush on buns.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Perfect buns every time.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
This recipe is super simple and delicious. It’s not your typical Pasta Carbonara because of the ham, but it’s a nice twist on an old dish. This recipe is loaded with flavor and super easy to make. It’s certainly a recipe that you could have most things done before the day you need the recipe.
If you want to do the prep work over the weekend for an easy week night meal you could have the bacon and the pasta made ahead. Dinner would be delicious and in a snap. I love the concept of this recipe. I think you could do so many wonderful things with it like add more mushrooms, extra garlic, and even incorporate some vegetables and decrease the pasta in the process to lower the calorie count.
I was so happy we had leftover so that I could have lunch the next day! Easy, simple, and delicious!
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked pasta (I used shells)
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 large can of mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 to 8 drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Brown mushrooms, and ham in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, ham, mushrooms and cheese; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions.
Original Recipe Source
My Husband is a huge fan of McDonalds BBQ Sauce. I found a recipe years ago that claims to be the real deal. I am not sure if this is the real deal or not but my husband seems to think it’s fantastic. You be the judge and let me know. McDonalds or not I think it’s delicious!
- 1/2 cup Kraft original flavor barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup Bullseye original barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Combine the ingredients very well. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds, then stir again.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Makes about 6.5 ounces (6 packets) of McDonald’s Barbecue Sauce.
I originally found a similar version of this recipe when I visited The Country Cook. My husband is from the mid-west and Tatar Tot hot dish is a staple there. I was looking for a recipe that would be comfort food for him. I decided to look through my Mother-in-laws recipe box to see what I could find when I came across this recipe that is very close to The Country Cook’s recipe.
This recipe is fantastic!! We all flipped out for this one. There are so many great reasons to make this recipe. It’s super simple! Toss it in the slow cooker and it’s done! It’s inexpensive! It’s delicious!! I can’t brag enough about it. I love exploring my Mother-in-laws recipes! I hope you all enjoy this one!
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- ½ cup bacon bits (I used Hormel but fresh would be even better)
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 pound (bite sizes) boneless chicken breasts (You could even use a large can of chicken drained)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (you could use regular milk also)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Line your slow cook with a slow cooker liner or spray your slow cooking with cooking spray
- To the slow cooker add ½ of the bag of frozen tater tots
- On top of the tots add ¼ cup of bacon bits and ¾ cup of cheese.
- To the top of the cheese and bacon add bite size chicken pieces.
- On top of the chicken add remaining ¼ cup of bacon bits and ¾ cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
- To the top of the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper add remaining tater tots.
- Top the tater tots with 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.
This is the lazy mans version of bbq. The flavor is wonderful and my favorite part is that it’s super easy and more delicious than you can imagine out of a crock pot.
- Add water and BBQ sauce to your crockpot and stir together
- Turn crockpot on low
- Add boneless ribs and stir all together
- Cook for 7-9 hours
- Remove meat from the sauce and slice. The meat should be tender enough to fall off the bone
- Add enough of the remaining sauce to coat the meat
- Re-heat over the stove if necessary
This recipe is easy and delicious! Who doesn’t like Frito Pie? It’s such a family tradition that keeps us coming back for more. When I found this recipe I couldn’t wait to give it a try and I am sure happy I did. Quick, Fresh, Fantastic! I can’t wait to make it again!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans (I used Great Northern I had it on hand)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell I had it on hand)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups corn chips (Fritos)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cook ground beef until meat is browned; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix and 1/4 c. of cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips in bottom of 8×8 baking dish. Cover with chili.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over chili.
- Top with remaining corn chips and cheese.
- Bake 4-5 minutes longer.6 to 8 servings